Http://www.msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt

Water Orthrus 새로운 캠페인은 Rootkit 및 Phishing 모듈을 제공 관련 IOC 4개 발견

2021년 이후, PPI 네트워크를 통해 Water Orthrus라고 불리는 위협 행위자가 Copperstaler 맬웨어를 배포하며 다양한 목적을 위해 업그레이드하고 수정하는 활동을 추적했습니다. 2019년 Scranos 캠페인과 관련이 있다고 생각하며, 2023년 3월 Copperstrealt Infection Chain에서 Copperselfeald와 Copperphish라는 새로운 맬웨어를 관찰했습니다. 이 맬웨어는 Copperstealer과 유사한 특성을 가지고 있으며, 같은 저자가 개발했을 가능성이 높으므로 Water Orthrus의 새로운 활동일 가능성이 높습니다.

2021년 이후, Water Orthrus라는 위협 행위자가 PPI 네트워크를 통해 Copperstaler 맬웨어를 배포하고 다양한 목적으로 업그레이드하고 수정하는 활동을 추적했습니다. 2019년 Scranos 캠페인과 관련이 있다고 생각하며, 2023년 3월 Copperstrealt Infection Chain에서 Copperselfeald와 Copperphish라는 새로운 맬웨어를 관찰했으며, 같은 저자가 개발했을 가능성이 높으므로 Water Orthrus의 새로운 활동일 가능성이 높다고 생각합니다.

Trendmicro
Water Orthrus New Campaigns Deliver Rootkit and Phishing Modules

Since 2021, through the PPI network, a threat actor called Water Orthrus has distributed Copperstaler malware and tracks and upgrades and modifies for various purposes.I thought it was related to the Scranos campaign in 2019, and in March 2023, I observed a new malware called CopperSelfeald and Copperphish in CopperStrealt Infection Chain.This malware is similar to Copperstealer, and it is likely to be a new activity of Water Orthrus because it is likely to have developed the same author.

Since 2021, a threat actor named Water Orthrus has been tracking the activities of distributing Copperstaler malware and upgrading and modifying for various purposes through the PPI network.I think it is related to the Scranos campaign in 2019, and in March 2023, we observed a new malware called CopperSelfeald and Copperphish in CopperStrealt Infection Chain, and it is highly likely that it is a new activity for Water Orthrus.
https://www.trendmicro.com/en_us/research/23/e/water-orthrus-new-campaigns-deliver-rootkit-and-phishing-modules.html